Monday, June 21, 2004

Focused

I feel very on the right track currently. I think that by achieving this focus and clarity of purpose, a door to creativity opened in my mind that was previously blocked by self-doubting and fear. Now, every time I sit down with my bass, I think of something new and grooving to work on as far as a new song. And I do this blog as regularly as I can, and I always seem to have something of import to discuss (at least to me, anyway).

I really think it started with this blog - if you're a creative person, I think it's important to keep that flow happening with any kind of outlet. You know, keep the neurons firing so they don't become flabby and out of shape. Sure, it took me 36 years to discover this(oy, I'm old) but what the hell - at least I figured something out.

I am still so excited about my new solo bass project (I'm going to call the percussionist up today and see if she's interested)and also about my new business venture. I really do get fired up when I'm planning something - it's not really a platform for anal retentiveness as much as it is a creative/give some joy to myself and others sort of thing. And I've been in such a good mood about it.

Now I just have to get through the day to day yawndom of my job. Sigh. Well, it's always something,eh? Meanwhile, the quest to relocate to San Diego continues...

No comments: