What better way to immortalize the events of today than throug my blog?
I'd like to think that when things like this happen, I'm avoiding a catastrophe of such vastness that I would most likely have to undergo some kind of therapy or intense drug treatment to overcome it. As it is, I'm using an improvised martini (vodka + pomegranite lime juice, shaken then poured) to drown my sorrows. I'm still a little shaken up, but I have to keep reminding myself it wasn't completely my fault.
Who thought a Subaru could run over a car?
I think the details of the incident are minor compared to the staggering disbelief of what I almost did today. Luckily, amidst the blasting classical music and thoughts of how I was going to get to my nephew's confirmation ceremony on time, I had the wherewithal to back up and not completely run over this poor woman's non-descript car. She was probably the worst woman I could have run into, Eastside and ready to rumble, but she at least calmed down after throwing a multitude of expletives at me. I guess it helped that I started bawling like a little girl and apologizing incoherently through my tears.
Perhap I should try and twist this into a positive light. She didn't have kids in her car (maybe if she did she wouldn't have stopped her car so close to mine on the turnaround) and maybe this was supposed to be one of those painful metaphors that present themselves so you can learn something about yourself. Maybe the Subaru is me, and I just don't know what kind of power I have until I try to um..run over someone. Yeah. That's it.
Oh, this is just the pom/lime martini talking. Back to reading prose poetry by Thomas Wiloch (fabulous stuff) and letting my soul drink in the sunshine. It is spring at least, and that's something.
No comments:
Post a Comment