So all week it's been sports media mayhem in the RenCen. We had all been apprehensive about what it would be like when Detroit hosted Super Bowl XL, but so far, it hasn't been so bad. Traffice was normal on the way in, and getting around the building hasn't been as difficult as some had feared. The only bad part is that I wouldn't know if I bumped into someone famous, as my knowledge of sports is pretty non-existent. Maybe next time we can host something for the Food Network. Now that would be cool.
Mario Batelli could sign olive oil bottles. Emeril could roast a pig in the Winter Garden. Rachel Rae could do me a favor and not show up at all. And if Alton Brown was there, I would surely have him sign my salt cellar, 'cuz he's just dreamy (it's true - I fall for the guy with the twisted sense of humor every time, receding hairline or no).
But I'll keep going down and checking out the scene. It gives my daily walk to the mailbox just a little more excitement, and maybe I'll run into Gilbert Gottfried getting a Cafe Carmel at the Coffee Beanery. Like that guy needs any more caffeine.
Friday, a long lunch will be spent at the Motown Winter Blast looking at sledding dogs and cheering on some friends who are playing at the event. I'm keeping nice and busy. Life is good, and soon winter will just be a distant memory. And that would be fine thing indeed.
1 comment:
It sounds like the clouds are parting within your universe. Yay! Aim me my dear, for I miss our daily rants and ramblings.
Sorry, but I have been beyond busy as of late.
Post a Comment