So I'm done with my so-called novel, and I think it was a bit anticlimactic. A friend has offered to buy me lunch and celebrate, but that's about it. But I did get a lot of congratulations from people I had emailed, and quite a number want to read my book when it's done - so that's pretty special.
I think what I really need to do is reward myself in some way. A message? Facial? Male escort? Hmm...male escort..
Really, though - I owe myself something. A special moment of joy that's just for me. Maybe I'll take a survey amongst my friends and take suggestions. Meanwhile, I'm afraid and at the same time eager to see what I've created, but the advice is to lay it aside for two weeks and just rest. So that's what I'll do. Then I'll open a bottle of cabernet, sit on the couch and read my novel. There must be some salvageable stuff - the fact that I could even send a summary of the story is a positive sign.
Writing is hard work, dammit!
2 comments:
I think it was a very impressive thing to do. I usually reward myself for good work with tech, but that's just me. How about some fancy alcohol or other type if ingestible?
BTW, I'd love to read your novel, if you've forgiven me yet ;)
May I suggest a super splurge at Amoeba?
Post a Comment