Since I don't have enough going on with work, music, my cake business and life in general, I thought I'd do this write a novel in a month thing organized by www.nanowrimo.org. Here is an exciting excerpt!
A presence was in the room, and she wanted to see but exhaustion was keeping her from opening her eyes. But she must be asleep – yet she knew something was standing on the left of her towards her feet, and it wanted her attention. She felt her chin dip slightly, and her head tilt to the left, but with the utmost effort. She was like taffy hardening –it was getting harder to move anything, and she felt so very heavy. Somehow she managed to open her eyes (did she? Was she really opening them?) and as she suspected there was something standing there. It was the figure of a boy, and the boy was, impossibly, made of glass. Or something like glass. He needed something, and he couldn’t quite find a way to communicate. The substance he was made of was mesmerizing; it swirled with iridescent colors and seemed to be glass and highly polished silver all at the same time. But he was trying to say something, his mouth moving, struggling as if trying to keep something inside but also wanting very much to free it. Her dream mind zoomed in to his face, and his eyes, full of fear now and terror, let her know that he couldn’t hold what was inside of him any longer. Her anxiety quickly turned to panic as his mouth burst open and became wider than his head as a torrent of sound and light came forth like the sound of Armageddon.
She screamed as well, but no sound would come out of her and she prayed for it to stop, and tried to will the apparition away and her maddening dream to end. But it kept going on until she surrendered to it, and the boy screamed as she watched, helpless and mute.
Honestly, I have NO idea what I'm doing, but apparently it doesn't matter. Just get to the 50,000 words at the end of the month, and I'm a winner! (Hooray for me!)
1 comment:
Ok, This is what is commonly referred to as a big fat tease........
Excellent! I must read this in it's entirety as soon as possible, or I may stop skipping altogether.
Post a Comment