I was thinking this morning as I gazed at reflection in the mirror that there's nothing like a pin stripe suit to make a girl feel special. It's slimming, sharp and streamlined, and along with my crisp, no-wrinkle white quarter sleeve shirt I'm feeling quite confident as well as sassy, as I've chosen my Brit flag choker and earrings to take the corporate edge off my look.
Which is all well and good, except that though I look like I'm ready for anything, there's nothing for me to tackle today. My high fashion is being wasted as I sit here, trying to look busy, and waiting until 2:00 for my meeting with my boss. At that time he will certainly come to find out that I'm about as useful here as a bean bag chair.
I don't blame anyone, of course. Just the odd circumstances that caused me to join this company, which in the long run is better than having no income at all. Perhaps when I get my fillings done next week, I will again be reminded of how good it is to have a job with a regular paycheck, and forget those romantic notions about quitting and being a musician/writer/cake baker of such outstanding quality that I'll be able to retire at 50, acquire a harem of young artist studs in the vicinity of 25-35, and live out the rest of my life on Maui where my body will eventually be taken away by gentle ocean waves from the shore of my luxurious yet not too overdone bungalow.
In the meantime, I blog and try and figure out how I can make this day meaningful. Louisiana is under water, and I'm trying to be happy. I think I'm not doing too bad.
1 comment:
Wish I could see a pic of the suit ;)
Post a Comment