I must talk about the Mouse Arena.
It was purchased for $1 at a so-called rock and roll garage sale last weekend, along with some other nifty chokers, a $2 watch which looks stunning on me (it's quite butch, I think) and a tight black tank top with a Union Jack on it. Delightful purchases, all under $10. But, back to the Mouse Arena.
The copyright date on the packaging is 1992, a date which truly was forever ago - I don't even think the Internet was fully realized yet. The outside cover of the original packaging seems almost to be designed like an album cover, and the print is bold and stately, promising the consumer a precision tracking surface, ergonomic design, adjustable leather palm support and most importantly, a cord control system. The latter is merely a spiral of wire attached to the side of the "arena", and the photo on the cover does show how easily an untamed mouse cord can be kept safe in the confines of its coils. No naughty cord to knock your wine glass over - the testing grounds at Forminco certainly were thorough.
But I love it. It takes up a 9 " radius on my desk, but the built in wrist rest goes so superbly with my new watch, the faux black leather offering a certain luxury those silly sand-filled versions can only dream of. So p-tooey on modern mouse pads - the Mouse Arena by Forminco kicks all their sorry foam asses. And only for a $1!! Damn, I shop smart.
2 comments:
OK, how 'bout that camera phone? I'd like to see pictures of the ... mouse arena ... of course. The quality of the leather wrist holder, does it grip firmly? Is there a slighty hypnotic affect from the twisted and restraining cable holder? I want to know!
I had one of those mouse arena's in the early 90s. It was great. I finally wore through the surface after about 8 years. I wish I could buy another one! Nice find!
Post a Comment