Monday, August 24, 2009

Crazy or Bold?

Sometimes booze can bring out the brashest conversations. The other night my husband and I were enjoying a rare night on the town and imbibing in our favorite alcoholic beverages, and the conversation turned to our current financial situation. I'm currently jobless and receiving benefits, and he feels that any moment he could be joining me. So what to do?

He said maybe we just gotta be crazier. Of course, this all sounds exciting and sensible when you're drunk (statements like "Hey, we should ask that guy if that's his date or his mother" also sound like good ideas) but I did agree with him. Times like this call for some crazy thinking, and so we continued our drunken brainstorming session. Eventually the final conclusion was to keep pursuing opening a business, which meant my baking business which I currently do out of the house. Accept what needs to be done to accomplish this goal, and do it.

Hoo, boy. Easier said than done. For one thing, the whole writing a business plan process is really daunting. But, we might just be crazy enough to do it. Or bold, whichever you like. I think I prefer bold - it seems to hint at a little more foresight and planning than crazy.

Crazy I save for other things, like putting a band together in a week and a half and playing a gig at a place that no one knows about and possibly getting absolutely no pay for it. Now that's some insane for ya!

No comments: