Monday, May 26, 2008

Flowers at Eastern Market




There is definitely one very important activity I look forward to after a long, painful winter and that is getting flowers at Eastern Market. Here's just one example of the possibilities - giant, impossibly beautiful and stunningly real hydrangeas that make you do a double take. Due to an unfortunate number of mishaps with past hydrangeas, I skipped over these, but we did find many other good bargains and floral delights to purchase.
So we hefted our beauties back to the homestead, and devoted the rest of the day to making our joint presentable again for the summer. I feel better now - nothing like putting some color back into the world, where once there were only dull grays and dirty smudges of clouds for sky. Flowers - so simple, yet so undeniably life changing. Well, for me, anyway.

Of course, then there's the not so pretty side of Eastern Market. I speak of the meatfest just outside of Bert's. Vegetarians, look away. Or better yet, just run. This stuff ain't for the faint of heart, but for the true carnivore. See how it glistens and gleams? You just want to grab one off the grill and run into an alley with it, don't you?
Yeah. Ew.














No comments: