Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Exactly What Do I Fear?

Boredom. Loneliness. Sudden demise of my person. These are some things that come to mind when I think about what I'm afraid of. All justifiable things, so I think if I compare the little fears to these somewhat major ones, I might be able to conquer them.

I think I'm afraid of the work involved in writing this novel. Or perhaps I just need to set a deadline, because that has been the number one motivator as far as completing anything. Of course, then I have to take the deadline seriously. . .

I think I better. I think music and I have had our time together and it's time to focus on something else. Not to say I'm done with being a musician, but why be one thing all the time? I suppose I already know that I have a lot of dimensions to my character. I always overlook that - it always takes someone else to point it out to me. Things are just too quiet right now and it's making me a little crazy. Heh. What else is new?

Hmm..this entry is getting a bit personal, but so be it.

I think it's time to accept what I've done and what more I can do in life. There will be other paths at some point, and I need to be observant so I don't miss them. Something always happens after these periods of inactivity and restlessness.

Something.

1 comment:

xtcdukes said...

I for one have a biased opinion on the subject, since I really want to read it. But seriously, creativity is just that. You are creative anyway, and the music will never go away, so get at it.