Monday, January 03, 2005

Addicted to my To Do list

You know, it's like I start panicking when my to-do list isn't jam packed with a current list of small accomplishments to make. When I don't have three cakes to bake, two rehearsals, aerobics, office birthdays and a husband to feed, it feels like there's something wrong.

I lack the ability to relax, that's what I think. I'm great at working up a good ball of anxiety, but can't seem to enjoy serenity when it's offered. Strange. Perhaps something to work on in 2005?

The only thing that came to mind as an outrageous goal for the new year was to make a scene. By that I mean I intend to do something completely uncharacteristic of me and openly display my displeasure towards a deserving party. Should be great fun for anyone there to observe it. The trouble is, I'm so laid back about everything I don't think it would actually happen. That sort of behavior is for people with anger management issues or sociopathic tendencies. (Hmm..more goals for 2005? Oh, so many to choose from suddenly! Perhaps I do need to have more sociopathic tendencies.)

Okay, I think this entry reflects just how boring today is, though I know my life isn't. There'll be changes alright, and I should enjoy this calm before the coming storm. Bring it on!

1 comment:

Batmensch said...

Make a scene as a goal? Wow, pretty abstract. Actually, I think it is rarely a good idea to apply a "good idea" directly to a social situaion ;)