Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Another opportunity

Well, I seem to be in demand for the moment. Got a call from a guitar player I work with regularly and he wanted to know if I'd be interested in an occasional paying gig with a vocalist he's currently playing for. I told him I didn't know how heavy my schedule would be with Slumber Party, but I would definitely be interested in hearing the material and being available for him when I could. He was cool with that, so maybe I'll be doing yet another thing this year.
Apparently she's this amazing singer, so I'm kind of intrigued. I'd also like to play with him outside of the venue we're usually in (Christian church in Troy) as he's one of my favorite guitarists that I've worked with. Funny as hell, too.

Meanwhile, work continues to be poopy. That's as much eloquence as I can muster to describe it. It helps to look at my car as a reminder that working is not such a bad idea if one wishes to drive and eat, and perhaps buy a new frock now and again.

And the sun is shining. Can't beat that. It's the simple things in the end, right?

No comments: